10 questions to shift from striving to thriving.
– KEYS SOULCARE
“Coming from a place where the sense of struggle lingers as strong as the smell of piss, I’d grown up seeing life through a single lens: survival.” — Alicia Keys
Scrapping. Clinging. Sprinting. Just making it.
It’s true, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. But in a world that feels as if it’s moving faster each day, finding moments to slow into what you may grow into can seem like the hardest thing. How often have you rushed, looking past the present to the next milestone — and glazed right over the moments to celebrate or learn?
Now is the time for reflection, not regret or survival mode thinking. Here are a few questions to assess where you are, and how close it is to a state rich with the grace and care we each have the power to give ourselves. Right here. Right now.
- Does your to-do list include any items that bring you joy?
- How many of your deadlines are self-assigned vs. required?
- When was the last time you ate a meal without multitasking?
- Do you laugh every day?
- When did you work on a project or hobby not related to your work or livelihood?
- Have you moved your body in a way that just plain felt good lately?
- What compliment can you pay yourself in this moment?
- When did last receive a compliment and feel deserving of it?
- When are you most filled with happiness? Is this something you make time for often in your life?
- Do you make time in your day to connect with friends, family, and self in a present way?
Check yes, no, and, most importantly, how each response makes you feel. No criticism, just the real. Each day is made for us to live in our purpose and create space for our wildest dreams, moments of joy, and corners of light. Let the ratios ebb and flow, as they will with life, while finding time to take care.
What are you calling into your life right now?