Hike Clerb’s founder on the rituals and inspiration that make her smile.
– KEYS SOULCARE
Evelynn Escobar-Thomas is all about connectivity, online and off. From bringing communities together as a social media consultant and content creator, to founding Hike Clerb, an intersectional womxn’s hike club, her POV supports big-picture visions of representation. At the roots of Hike Clerb, which she founded in 2017, is Evelynn’s own desire to inspire communities of color to own their movement and stories through walks around L.A. We sat down with Escobar-Thomas to hear how, while connecting dots and creating community for a living, she brings the love full-circle.
1. What is your favorite daily ritual that’s just for you?
Spontaneous dance breaks in my room!
2. My dream for the future is…
An inclusive, sustainable, and equitable society.
3. How do you take a moment for yourself?
By going into nature.
4. What is your personal mantra of the moment?
What is for you will not pass you.
5. What music, book, and/or podcast are you vibing to?
Currently reading The Meaning of Mariah!
6. What does beauty look like to you?
Beauty is a state of being. It’s selfless, kind, and authentic.
7. Who and what inspires you?
Black women using their unique qualities to change the world.