Learn about what clean beauty means to Keys Soulcare.
WHAT IS CLEAN BEAUTY?
There is actually no standard definition of clean beauty. Each brand, retailer or organization defines clean beauty uniquely. While the term “clean” is applied to everything from organic and natural to sustainable and eco-friendly, the most common themes include safe ingredients, and often a commitment to ingredient transparency. However, even this definition is evolving because there is no universal regulation occurring to enforce a clear-cut category of “clean.”
As a dermatologist, I believe that “clean beauty” means transparent labels and ingredients certified of high purity. It’s not about being 100% perfect; man-made ingredients are “clean” as long as they’re safe. The science of beauty has evolved to include a plethora of safe synthetics, safe man-made ingredients, and even safe preservatives. In fact, all cosmetics should contain some form of safe preservation to maintain the stability of the formulation and ensure safety with usage.
At Keys Soulcare, we are committed to creating healthier skincare product offerings with impressive efficacy.
ARE KEYS SOULCARE OFFERINGS CLEAN?
Yes. Our commitment to clean skincare is a top priority and we want to help define and clarify what clean means for our consumers. At Keys Soulcare, we formulate our product offerings to meet FDA and European Union Cosmetic Regulation (EUCR) restrictions for over 1,680 ingredients. This means that:
- Our offerings are safe
- We exclude parabens, phthalates, sulfates, formaldehyde, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, toluene, coal tar, lead, mercury, acrylamide and hydroquinone, and more
- We strictly regulate the purity and levels of all ingredients that are used in our offerings. An example is phenoxyethanol, an alternative to parabens that functions as a preservative, which can be used below 1% as shown by an EU-conducted study on the safety of phenoxyethanol.
- We go even further by voluntarily removing additional ingredients from product formulations, above and beyond the FDA and EUCR restrictions.
- We use high-quality, efficacious, purposeful ingredients
- Our use of fragrance follows IFRA standards
- Any colorants used meet FDA and EUCR strict purity standards
WHY IS CLEAN SKINCARE IMPORTANT?
Our skin is our largest organ. The FDA has not changed their regulatory laws in over 50 years; therefore, the cosmetic industry is constantly evolving with the creation of new ingredients and formulas. Clean skincare is crucial for optimal wellness, inside and out, which is why Keys Soulcare is focusing on efforts to improve the skin care experience and the thoughtfulness of ingredient selection in our product offerings.